Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Thing 27: Power Up Your Browser!

There are so many choices when it comes to web browsers and for me I try to find one that I like and one that I can use at home and work and wherever else. With all the devices that I have, laptops, and Macbooks, and iPads and iPhones it can sometimes be hard to keep up with what browser I use and where. At home I tend to use Safari since I have a Macbook but when I am at school we are encouraged to use Google Chrome since we are a Google school. I don’t mind having to switch all the time but sometimes it can be hard to get used to one browser and then have to get used to another one. I also find that sometimes when using different browsers I cannot open certain things that I could open on another browser and that can be frustrating. The browser itself is really easy to use and all the settings are easy to work with and easy to change what you want to change. I like that it is all simple directions and if you have a question you can google it and get your answer right away.

I decided to explore Google Chrome a little more since that is what I primarily use at work. There is so so so much to explore with Google Chrome and I don’t even think it would be possible to see and learn everything that there is to know especially since things are always changing as well. I’ve learned that Google Chrome is much much more than just a browser and it works with all your Google Services better than any other browser. I was already familiar with Gmail, and Google Calendar and Google Docs so I was excited to explore something else. Some chrome extension that I explored were QR Code Extension, Easy Reader, and Speakit, and Turn of the Lights. I really enjoyed learning about these and taking the time to explore. They were easy to install and remove if need be and I am looking forward to sharing with my colleagues and even my students. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't completely switched Chrome either. It would make sense for me, since I use google tools so much. A summer project for me. :)

    ReplyDelete