Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thing 2: Photo Sharing

Instagram is something that I have been using for over three years now and I don't think that I could live without it at this point! I share everything from pictures of my husband and I (most recently our wedding photos that I cannot stop sharing) photos with friends, and most importantly photos of my puppy Riley! I have become one of those crazy people that shares pictures of her dog all the time but I can't help it- she is like my child! I post more pictures of her then anything else and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that Instagram is so easy to use and one of the best features is to be able to look back on what I posted and when. I love seeing Riley go from a small puppy to the dog that she is today. I also love that I can look back on each picture and remember all the great memories.

These are all photos of Riley that I took with my iPhone and then edited and shared on Instagram.

Riley as a puppy when my husband and I first got her
 
Loving her new bed and toys that she got for Christmas

All snuggled up during a snowstorm
 

Pinterest is another site that I use ALL the time and absolutely love. I don't think that I could have planned my wedding without it. I was able to get so many ideas that I may not have come up with myself and was able to find a lot of DIY projects that helped to save some money. I think it would be a really great tool to use with my students and think that they would have a lot of fun with it. They could create boards with pictures and ideas for projects and share them with one another.

I am sure that many of my students are already using sites such as Pinterest & tumblr and I think that being able to use them in the classroom and showing the students how to properly use them would be a great lesson. I already teach them about how to be safe on the Internet and using popular sites that they love would be a great way to get their attention.

I really liked exploring the photo sharing sites and even learned about some new ones I had never heard of. One of my favorites had to be the video on "Seven iPhone Photography Tricks". My iPhone is the device I use to take 99% of my pictures and learning those tricks was really helpful.

3 comments:

  1. You're on a roll! Two posts. :) I use my phone for most of my photos too. I feel bad about neglecting my real cameras, but the phone is just so convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the phone really is so convenient!

    Thank you Rebecca! She is the best dog!

    ReplyDelete